Do you fly Vistara economy class often? This card might save you a decent amount of money while you enjoy the premium service by Air Vistara. Apart from the CV (Club Vistara) points earning potential, Vistara cards are special for its complimentary tickets, given based on your spend milestone. Lets dive directly into the specifics.
- Joining Fee: INR 1,500
- Welcome Bonus: One Complimentary Economy ticket
Milestone benefits on Vistara Platinum Credit Card:
When you spend certain # anywhere with your Axis bank vistara credit card, you’re given with milestone benefits as below.
- Spend Rs.50,000 – 1,000 CV Points
- Spend Rs.1,25,000 – 1 Economy Class ticket
- Spend Rs.2,50,000 – 1 Economy Class ticket
- Also earn: 2 CV Points for every Rs.200 spent
That may appear to be nice, but its actually not. You need to pay extra Rs.1,000 or so as “taxes” to redeem these complimentary tickets.
Apart from welcome bonus, on spending about 2.5L, you’ll end up with
- 2 Economy class tickets + 3,500 CV Points
- Tip: Use CV points for Upgrades
Now, what’s the value of it? For this, i took route BLR->DEL and here are the values
- Approx cost of 2 Revenue tickets: ~Rs.6,000
- Approx cost of 2 redemption’s: ~Rs.2,000
- Savings: ~Rs.4,000 (or less)
In other words, you get <1.6% value back, as you spend 2.5L to save Rs.4,000. Maybe a decent return for most who want to have hands on the Vistara card. But i can rather route my expenses on Diners black and get 3.3% value back with which i can take a revenue ticket without going through the whole process. We can’t compare a basic/premium card though. But just my thoughts 🙂
Features of Axis Vistara Card:
- CardExpert Rating: 3.5/5
- Reward rate: Upto 1.6% as complimentary tickets
- Complementary Airport lounge access: 2 Visits/quarter via Visa Lounge Access Program
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Nil
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3.5% + Service Tax
- Renewal Fee Waiver: Nil
- Special Features: Club Vistara Membership & Travel Insurance Protection
As you can see, its a very basic card and it delivers decent value for a beginner. Note that the you can get maximum value from the voucher only on long distance flights. If you’re redeeming it on short distance flights, its better not to take the card, as the value you get goes as low as 1% or even less.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts in comments below.