HDFC in collaboration with Snapdeal has launched an exclusive card for eCommerce shopaholic customers “Snapdeal HDFC Bank Credit Card”. It is a first kind of co-branded card in eCommerce segment. The card is launched with the aim of encouraging customers to make digital payments over COD transactions. It also caters to the changing needs and lifestyles of today’s generation. The card will provide its customers due ease and flexibility to complete payments online with better reward earnings.
Major Benefits of Snapdeal HDFC Bank Card:
The major benefit of this card is that it provides you with cash back on various apps like ola, cleartrip, freecharge etc. It also comes with a welcome bonus of 500 reward points which are accelerated with usage of the card. It gives you a choice to select one out of five spend categories (Dining, Entertainment, Fuel, Travel, and Utility and then on every selected spend category, gives u 4x reward point on every Rs. 150 spent. It is a great choice of card for all those who are frequent online shoppers as it is designed in a way which provides more customers more digital access.
Features of Snapdeal Credit card at a glance:
- CardExpert Rating: 3/5 [yasr_overall_rating]
- Cash Back: 10% cash back on recharges through freecharge, 5% cash back on ola app, Rs. 1000 cash back on clear trip for purchases of Rs 5000 or more.
- Fuel surcharge Waiver: 2.5% waiver on fuel surcharge and 2.5% on petrol rate with a maximum cap limit of Rs. 250 per billing cycle.
- Reward Rate: 4x Reward point on every spend on category of ur choice and 2x Reward point on every Rs 150 spent.
- Renewal Fee Waiver: 500 are the annual charges of the card for the first year while from second year onwards fees will be waived of if u spends Rs. 150000 or more in the entire year.
So is this the card for you? Well, its complicated to answer. I hardly purchase anything on snapdeal, so one thing i don’t like about the card is they limit the reward points to snapdeal and its group (freecharge) alone. They could have partnered with couple of other brands like amazon,flipkart, etc and named the card as “eCommerce Card” instead of just limiting us just to use snapdeal 😀
Final words will be, go for it if you’re new to credit cards, or, if you shop a lot on snapdeal & recharge on freecharge. It should be the best credit card you can have in that case, else just go for Hdfc bank Moneyback Credit Card its the favorite card for many people in India. By the way, i love their credit card video commercial. I believe this is the first kind of commercial for a credit card in India 🙂