HDFC Regalia Credit Card is one of the Super premium credit cards issued by the bank which holds a prestigious status. It’s usually given to high net-worth individuals who have higher ITR or a better relationship value with the bank. Its loaded with whole lot of features with great reward points on every spend. The accrued reward points can be redeemed for mobile recharge or hotel/flight bookings and more.
Typically, if you’re a frequent shopper, Regalia card can accumulate huge reward points and you can enjoy a foreign vacation with your family for FREE once in a while. One of my friend actually does it in real life. He puts all his business expenses on this card, anywhere around 2L-3L a month and uses all the points accumulated over a span of an year to book flight tickets to Malaysia for his family. That literally saves huge money 🙂
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Reward Points:
Their reward pointing system, redemption and usage are quite complex, but i’m here to make it easier for you to understand 🙂 Unlike moneyback card which limits higher reward points for online purchases alone, with Regalia credit card, you get 4 reward points for every Rs.150 spend. You can also get an accelerated of 2X reward points on dining, selected air bookings and for purchases done on regalia website. That is 8 Reward points for every Rs.150 Spend. So now you should be wondering how much you can save with it. Here’s a simple calculation on how much you will save if you spend Rs.1 Lakh on the card.
- Normal reward points (4 RP for Rs.150) = 2664 Points * 0.75 Rs/point = 1998 INR (~2% savings)
- Accelerated reward points (8 RP for Rs.150) = 2X of above = 1998*2 = 3996 INR (~4% savings)
Hope that makes you clear about the fact that you can save upto 4% in monetary value with HDFC regalia credit card.
Redeem Regalia Reward Points:
To utilize the reward points, you first need to convert them into Regalia vouchers and then use in in their dedicated Regalia website. The disadvantage of this is that you can only purchase things from that website using the vouchers, you can’t take a cashback credit into your account as like Moneyback card. But good thing is Regalia website has lots of things which will help you in your day to day needs like Mobile/DTH recharges, Hotel/Flight/movie Bookings.
Alternatively, you can also convert Reward Points into AirMiles of leading domestic and international airlines @ 1.3RP = 1 Airmile (Jet Airways/Air india/Krisflyer) or 665 RP = Rs.500 indigo voucher.
Priority Pass: You get 6 free access with Priority Pass issued with Regalia. You can also apply for another priority pass for add on card holder. The Primary card holder and the add on member can jointly have 6 free access to the Priority Pass lounges every year. You need to swipe your Priority pass card to get access to the lounge.
- Looking for more info on Add-on Priority Pass cards? Check out -> Priority Pass by HDFC
This is one of the great feature the Regalia card has now.
HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card Benefits:
- CardExpert Rating: 4/5
- Reward rate: ~1.6% normally, upto ~3.2% on accelerated rewards (from Nov 1st 2016)
- Accelerated Rewards: You can earn 2X Reward points on dining, selected air bookings and for purchases done on regalia website.
- Complementary Airport lounge access: Yes, up to 6 free accesses to the Priority Pass lounges every year. ( some cards have 5 instead of 12)
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Enjoy 0% surcharge (Minimum transaction of INR 400. Maximum cash back of INR 500 per statement cycle)
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 2% + Service Tax (Best Credit Card for Foreign travel)
- Special Features: PREMIUM Dining, Travel and Lifestyle Privileges
- Insurance Coverage: Air accident compensation of Rs. 1 Crore, Protection worth up to Rs. 15 lakhs against any medical emergency when you are traveling outside India.
- Personal Concierge Service: Global Concierge Assistance for all your travel & other needs. Its kind of virtual assistant service over phone.
As you can see above, HDFC Regalia credit card is power packed with huge list of features as compared to any other card issued by any bank in India with such low annual/renewal fees, which also gets waived off on spend basis. Any reward rate above 2% is a great number and you can hardly see such numbers with other banks offerings. It not only gives you great reward points, but also serves as a great status symbol.
So are you gonna apply for it? No, slow down baby. HDFC bank issues this card only to high net worth individuals. Contact your account manager if you think you’re eligible for the same. If you already hold other credit cards with HDFC, you can ask customer care if you’re eligible for the up-gradation. Have something to say? Consider dropping a comment below 🙂
March 2017 Update: Priority Pass issued by HDFC is now chargeable ($27) for Domestic Lounge Access. You can now use them only to access international lounges. You’re now left with Visa/Master card lounge access which is inbuilt with the card.