Hey Friends, I am back with another premium segment card of HDFC designed for the most trusted profession of “Doctors”. This new variant in profession specific card segment offers many attractive features and benefits to suit the nature of the job. Both salaried and self-employed doctors are eligible for this card. The card displays the professional tag like Dr before the name of the customer unlike all other cards.
Doctor’s Superia Reward Points:
The card offers 3 reward points on all types of purchases complemented by attractive travel benefits. It has a travel club which grants you a membership of Kris flyer – Singapore airline flyer program which lets you redeem your earned reward points at over 20 international airports. You can also redeem these reward points against Air miles on Jet Airways or Air India etc. and air vouchers with other domestic leading airlines.
While in dining it gives you 50% or more Reward Points at all outlets which are classified under “Hotels” merchant category code as defined by Visa/Master card. This can make your dining more rewarding and enjoyable. From rewards front, its pretty low and i would better suggest for a Moneyback credit card or business moneyback credit card as they provide better rewards especially for online spends.
Priority Pass Membership
It also offers a complimentary Priority Pass membership which allows you preferential access to more than 600 airport lounges around the world, no matter which airline or which class you fly. It offers refreshments, well deserved rest and facilities like phone, internet and conference rooms etc. It frees you from various airport chaos and other travel exertions and gives you a relaxing and satisfied travel experience.
HDFC Doctor’s Superia Credit Card Features:
- CardExpert Rating: 6/10
- Fuel Surcharge waiver: Surcharge is waived off completely if purchases are made between Rs 400-5000. And the maximum cap limit of fuel surcharge waiver is Rs 250 per statement.
- Reward Rate: Welcome gift of 1000 Reward Points, 3 Reward points are earned on every spend of Rs 150 and 4.5 Reward points on every Rs.150 dining spends.
- Redemption of Reward Points: Accumulated Reward Points can be redeemed at the rate of 100RP = 70 Air Miles/Air Vouchers at various airports across the world.
- Renewal Fee Waiver: The annual fees of the card Rs 1000 can be waived off if you spend Rs 15000 within first 90 days of receipt of the card and then later every year if you spend Rs 1 lakh, the fees will be waived off.
- Complementary Airport lounge access: Yes, 1 free access to the Priority Pass lounge every year.
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3.5% + Service Tax
Final thoughts on Doctor’s Superia Credit Card:
Since the card is designed specifically for doctors the features are meant as per the nature of their job. They are the life savers of the country and so bank has introduced this card in order to pay a little tribute for their job performed. They can use this card against various travel plans and dining is made more attractive for them and their families.
So for all the doctors who are looking for attractive banking facilities, this is one of the best cards suiting their requirements and making their dine-outs and vacation all the more attractive and lavish. The name on the card also gives all the more royal look with Doctor specific design unlike other cards like All Miles Credit Card (premium travel card) or Regalia (super premium card). The Credit limit offered on Doctor’s Superia is around 2 Lakhs. So alarming time Doctors, HDFC is giving this card as Life Time Free till 31 January 2016. So go and grab it soon before the offer ends..!! 🙂