Amex Diwali offer is one of the most awaited offers in the credit card industry as it used to be highly rewarding. Last year it missed its charm a little bit but this year they’ve taken this to a whole new level – Its a targeted promo now!
Earlier it used to be a single offer for all cardmembers, but now using the our spend pattern & other Artificial Intelligence, the’ve rolled out 3 different offers for cardmembers. Here’s all you need to know about Amex Diwali Sparkles Offer,
Amex 2018 Diwali Offer Details:
- Offer period: 10th Oct to 30th Nov, 2018
- Offer #1: Spend Rs.90,000 to Get Rs.3,000 Paytm Movie Voucher (3.3% Value)
- Offer #2: Spend Rs.1,90,000 to Get Rs.10,000 Tanishq Gold Voucher (5.3% Value)
- Offer #3: Spend Rs.4,75,000 to Get Rs.25,000 Tanishq Gold Voucher (5.3% Value)
- The offer is applicable for only select American Express Cardmembers. A Cardmember is eligible for this offer only if he/she has received an offer communication directly from American Express through any of its channels.
- A Cardmember will be eligible for a maximum of one voucher in the offer. In case the Cardmember holds and enrolls more than one eligible American Express® Card, the Cardmember will receive a total of only one voucher.
- Spends on the Supplementary Card(s) will be accounted under the Basic Card. The Supplementary Card(s) need not be enrolled separately.
- Excluded Cards: Centurion, Plat charge card, Jet/Co-branded card & corporate cards.
- Excluded Spend Types: No restrictions (good news, compared to 2017 offer)
- Fulfillment: 28th Feb 2019 & Voucher will expire in 1 month.
- To Enroll: Please check your email or Call Customer Care.
It looks like this time Amex wants to highly reward only those who have been loyal to them. Meaning, if you’ve been spending good enough with them, you would have got the #3 offer, else if you were spending very low, then you would have got only the #1 offer.
That’s just my assumption and i think that makes good sense as well from their business point of view. Also, this eliminates those who could have been double dipping, for ex, on plat travel card.
But the sad part is, for those who have been holding on spends just to put it during Amex Diwali promo, this is going to be highly disappointing. Also i wonder why they excluded plat charge & centurion cards. Maybe they’ll get far better promo, or maybe not? Cust. care said they’ve no update on it yet.
However, the good news is, you’ve close to 2 months to reach the target, instead of usual 1 month. Also, there are no restrictions on the spend categories this time.
I Got the Offer #3
Whenever i call Amex customer care, they greet me saying “thanks for being one of our highly valued customer” and i’m happy that they didn’t disappoint me. I got the #3 offer email on my Plat Travel card. So i think being loyal does pay back!
What offer have you received & how often are you using your card? And just incase if you’ve multiple cards (or) if you haven’t got any communication from Amex, You can call the Customer care and ask them to check the offer enabled on your card.
Overall you save upto 5.3% (on offer #2 & #3) on spends and on top of that you also get the regular points on spends. Even though the reward rate of this offer is similar to 2017 Amex Diwali Offer, the good thing is that they’ve raised the voucher value to 25k.
For those who’ve got the Paytm offer, i hope Amex takes the feedback and does something better in upcoming promos.
If you donot hold Amex cards already, this is one of the 5 Reasons Why You Should Have an American Express Credit Card. Go ahead and apply for one, you get 2k extra points by applying from below links:
American Express keeps tuning their Diwali promos every year and 2018 Offer gives more of mixed feelings. Do you feel the same? Do share your thoughts in the comments below.