Ever since I flew Jet Airways Business Class (domestic), I got hooked to it and always wanted to fly again. Since then, I’ve started giving more priority to ICICI Bank Jet Sapphiro (Amex) which is one of the best Jet Airways Co-branded cards and was looking for opportunities to accumulate more JPMiles.
That being said, my HDFC Business Regalia was getting dust for quite long time since it was devalued during last November 2016. So I went ahead and swapped it for Jet Privilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card. Good part is that the upgrade is Free and 86% of my points were converted to JPMiles.
Even if you apply it for first time, you may get First Year Waiver on choosing any of the available cross-sell (Payzapp, Add-on, etc) at that time.
Welcome Bonus on JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card
Joining fee: Rs. 2,500 + GST (waived for me on PayZapp Activation)
- One complimentary Base Fare Waived off Jet Airways Ticket for domestic travel. (This is given only for paid cards, hence i didn’t qualify for it)
- Discount voucher* worth INR 750 to be availed for booking a return ticket for domestic travel (only for paid cards)
- 3,750 Bonus JPMiles on the first swipe of your card within 90 days of card setup (Revised from Oct 1st 2017)
- 3,750 Bonus JPMiles on the total retail spends of Rs. 75,000 and above, within 90 days of the card setup (Revised from Oct 1st 2017)
Benefits 3 & 4 are given even for cards with free upgrades. I received the first 5k JPMiles on JP a/c within a week of swiping. This is pretty fast than ICICI.
Renewal Benefit: 3000 bonus JPmiles even if the fee is waived on 3L spend in previous year. Thanks to Saravanan R for this info.
Airport Lounge Access:
- Priority Pass (International) : 5 Visits
- Mastercard (Domestic) : 4 for Primary Cardholder
Benefits of HDFC Bank JetPrivilege World Credit Card:
- JPMiles Earn rate: 4%
- JP Miles Accrual Rate: 6 JPMiles/Rs 150 on retail spend ; 18 JPMiles/Rs.150 on flight booking with jetairways website ; 8.25 JPMiles/Rs.150 on retail spends done with JP partners – extra JP miles program.
- Discounts: 5% Discount on base fare for tickets booked on Jet Airways
- Renewal Fee waiver: You need to spend Rs 3 Lakhs/year to get your renewal fees waived off.
- Complementary Airport lounge access: Yes, Five Complimentary Priority Pass access to 600+ Lounges Worldwide in a calendar year. Also, through MasterCard Lounge Program.
- Additional Baggage Allowance: 10 kg for Première and 5 kg for Economy Class.
- Special Features: Get extended validity of JPMiles for 5 years ; Enjoy premier check-in for all domestic flights of JetAirways
- Tier Points: Get 1 Tier Point on every Rs. 2,00,000/- spent (retail) on your card.
- Cardexpert Rating: 4/5 [yasr_overall_rating]
While I’ve ICICI Jet Sapphiro (Amex) credit card that gives 5% earn rate (my perspective), it has upper cap due to which it’s always good to have a secondary card to earn JPMiles. Better acceptance is also another advantage with HDFC Jet World Credit Card as its on MasterCard platform.
JPMiles transfer time: While ICICI transfers the JPMiles monthly upon statement generation (with another ~15 days delay) HDFC transfers it in a week or so. Love the speed here!
If you have moderate spends and want to have JPMiles instead of reward points, this is one of the best Jet cards to hold. The ability to earn Jet Privilege Tier Points is one of the greatest advantage of HDFC Jet Airways credit cards, so going up in the tier is now made easier.
If you can spend more or if you’re looking for even better Jet Card, you must opt for HDFC Jet Diners Credit Card that has better JPMiles earn rate, though acceptance of Diners cards is another topic. I maybe going for that when i plan to fly more often, probably in 2018.
HDFC Bank Jet World Credit Card is the card with great design, i love its looks so far. Do you have any Jet cards? Feel free to share your thoughts in comments below.