We’ve recently seen the 1% Cashback on Markup Fee on International Spends with HDFC Visa Credit Cards and this offer appears to be a similar one to make sure MasterCard holders are also taken care of 😀 . Basically i can see both MasterCard & Visa are trying to grab the HNI users who basically go for International trips.
MasterCard offer is much better than Visa’s and as like the offer with Visa, MasterCard offer also gives reward points only on the POS transactions. More details below:
2000 Bonus Reward Points on International Spends:
- Get Flat 2000 Bonus Reward Points on International Spends done with HDFC Bank Mastercard Credit Cards
- This offer is valid only on International POS Spends
- Offer is Not valid on Online International Spends (Spends done on International websites)
- Bonus Reward Points will be credited to eligible customers 60 Days from the Promo End Date.
- Max Bonus Reward Points per Card is 2000.
- Offer is valid from 01 Jul 2016 – 31 Aug 2016
- Offer is Not valid on Jet Cards of any variant.
That’s really a good offer as 2000 reward points worth Rs.1,500 on Regalia/Diners Premium & Rs.2000 on Diners Black/Infinia.
If you’re going out of country, don’t forget to Swipe it once to grab the reward points. Its nice that Mastercard treats you special just because you’re an international traveler. Good thing 🙂
Any experience with this offer? Feel free to drop a line in comments below.