Axis Bank recently launched a couple of credit cards after the launch of Vistara co-branded credit cards. Its good to see Axis coming up with new cards after a very long time. They were running credit card business on the pretty old portfolio since past 4 yrs or so with no competitive cards in market.
Axis Bank SELECT Credit Card is a Visa Signature Variant and it appears that its free for Axis Burgundy customers (AQB: 10 Lakhs), however, am unsure if they’re also issuing to others with some Joining Fee.
Benefits of Axis Bank SELECT Credit Card:
Welcome Bonus: Rs.1,000 Jabong Voucher
- You get 6 Complimentary Visits per Year through Priority Pass Lounge programme.
For a long time i’ve been waiting to see competitors to HDFC for issuing Priority Pass based lounge access and here we go. PP Lounge Access serves good for international lounge Access, while you can use the credit card directly for domestic lounge access, courtesy Visa Lounges.
eDGE Loyalty Reward points:
Axis Bank’s eDGE Loyalty Reward point system has evolved a lot in recent times that its in par and above HDFC reward system that comes with cards like regalia.
- Earn 10 eDGE reward points on every Rs. 200 spends. (1% Value)
- Earn 20 Points per Rs 200 on ‘Retail Shopping’ spends. (2% Value)
- Approx Value of 1 RP = 0.20 ps
- Air Accident Cover upto Rs. 2,50,00,000
- Purchase Protection upto Rs. 1,00,000
- Lost Card Liability upto Rs. 3,00,000
- Loss Travel Documents Cover upto 300 USD
- Delay of Check-In Baggage Cover upto 300 USD
- Loss of Check-In Baggage Cover upto 500 USD
I never see it as a reason to choose a card, but i see good numbers above. Though I’ve to figure out what this purchase protection actually mean by.
Axis Bank SELECT Credit Card Features:
- Card Expert Rating: 4.5/5
- Reward Rate: 1% – 2%
- Joining Fee: Free for Axis Bank Burgundy customers
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 2.5% fuel surcharge waived off on fuel transactions of maximum Rs. 4,000 at any fuel outlet.
- Complementary Airport lounge access: Yes, 2 per Quarter via Visa Lounges & 6 Visits per yr via Priority Pass Programme.
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3.5% + Service Tax
- Other Features: 3 complimentary Golf rounds per year. Additionally, 1 extra round of Golf per every Rs 1 Lac spent in a card-setup year. Better insurance cover. Taj Epicure Membership.
Overall, i see it a good competitor for HDFC Regalia Credit Card which is a premium credit card for ages except that Axis is not concentrating on Forex Markup fee. However, i did notice that Axis Bank Burgundy debit cards has a super cool
0.035% (now 3.5%) Markup fee which is pretty close to 0% markup fee with Indusind Signature Exclusive Debit Card.
Well, i see Credit/debit card industry in India is now getting some good competition 🙂
What do you think about the new Axis Bank SELECT Credit Card? Share your views in comments below.