Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card is added to the Axis Credit Card portfolio recently along with Axis bank Select Credit Card. While SELECT card is primarily for Axis Burgundy customers, Buzz card is for anyone. Its a beginner level card and it serves good for Online Shoppers, especially those who sop frequently on Flipkart.
Benefits of Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card:
- Joining Fee: Rs.750+Tax
- Welcome Bonus: Rs.1,000 Flipkart Voucher (on making 3 purchases within first 45 days)
Milestone Bonus: The USP of this card is Milestone benefit that gives Flipkart Vouchers on every X Spend as below.
As you can see, there are two different types of Milestone Spends – One on Flipkart and the other on overall spend. So, the overall reward rate goes like this:
- 3.5% – If 1L spent on Flipkart and rest 1L spent elsewhere
- 1.5% – If 2L spent anywhere
With HDFC Diners Cards 10X promotions (temporary), this card can go nowhere near to it. However, 1.5% value back as Flipkart Vouchers is pretty good deal for any beginner and 2L is easy to hit for a moderate spender.
- 6 eDGE Loyalty Reward Points on every Rs.200 spent online (except for online travel spends) – (Reward Rate – 0.6%)
- 2 eDGE Loyalty Reward Points on every Rs200 spent – (Reward Rate – 0.2%)
While the reward points is too less, it adds a little bit to overall reward rate combined with Flipkart vouchers. So above reward rate will now become:
- 4.1% – If 1L spent on Flipkart and rest 1L spent elsewhere
- 2.1% – If 2L spent anywhere (if spent online)
Price Protection Cover: I’ve no idea how it works, here’s what they say:
- The cover will reimburse the price difference between the price paid with Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card for an item and a lower price available for the same item (same brand, make, model name and/or number)
- Applicable only on Amazon, Snapdeal and Flipkart on a minimum purchase value of Rs.2500.
And with Additional Terms & Conditions, i see its not that big to talk about.
Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card Features:
- Card Expert Rating: 4/5
- Reward Rate: 1.5% – 4.1%
- Joining Fee: Rs.750+Tax
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 2.5% fuel surcharge waived off on fuel transactions of maximum Rs. 4,000 at any fuel outlet.
- Complementary Airport lounge access: No
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3.5% + Service Tax
- Other Features: 5% off on Flipkart upto Rs.200/month
As you can see, Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card stands good for Flipkart Shoppers and is one of the best beginner level credit card out there. It beats HDFC Moneyback Credit Card and i would highly suggest this card for anyone who just wants to start with a credit card. As you get the welcome bonus for the joining fee you pay, you don’t lose anything by applying for the Axis Buzz Credit card.
What do you think about Axis bank’s move to introduce a dedicated card for Online Shopping? Share your thoughts in comments below.