American Express India recently changed the Gold collection redemption options that went live from 1st Feb 2020 and now along with it comes an offer that helps you earn more MR points every month. This is in addition to the default offer of the card. Here are more details:
- Offer: Earn 1,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® Points on 2 or more transactions each of ₹1,000 or more in a calendar month.
- Eligible Cards: MRCC (targeted)
- Offer Period: February 1 – March 31, 2020
- Max. Points: 2000 MR Points (1000/m for Feb & March)
- Fulfilment: 30 days from the date of qualifying transaction
Note: This Offer is over and above the value proposition of American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card where the Cardmember will get 1,000 Bonus Membership Rewards every calendar month by doing four or more transactions each of `1,000 or more in that calendar month
For now its seems that this offer is primarily targeted for Membership Rewards Credit Card holders, especially the ones with low/no spends as is the case of the card a/c that received this offer.
Since past 2 years American Express was sending better offers only to those who’ve good spends with them but with this, it seems now they’re taking care of everyone.
That said, I wish they sent out a modified version of this offer to everyone (like 5 txns of 3K or more for 5K bonus), as earning Amex MR points continues to be a tough job.
Have you received this Bonus MR Points offer? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.