After launching a set of Vistara credit cards in the early 2016, Axis bank few months back silently launched the Privilege credit card with travel benefits. Before the launch of Privilege credit card Axis Signature credit card was one of the Axis bank’s premium credit card for many years, mainly just because there are no other good variant. I personally like it for the 2x points on birthday month, apart from which, it’s just yet another credit card. Let’s dive into the privilege credit card details:
- Joining/Renewal Fee: Rs.1,500+tax
- Welcome Bonus: Rs.5,000 Yatra Voucher
Its impressive to see that we get more than double the value of joining fee. I still wonder if there is a catch, though they say that the voucher can be used for domestic/international flights, hotels, and holiday bookings which is more than enough. However, they don’t seem to give any renewal benefit, does any of you able to get Renewal fee waiver on Axis Premium cards? Curious!
The Catch on Vouchers:
- You need to use your card thrice within 60 days to avail this benefit.
- You’ll get 2*2500 vouchers (by redeeming 12,500 Rp’s)
- Both vouchers cannot be clubbed for single booking
- Validity: 4 months
Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card Reward points
- 10 Points on every Rs. 200 spend (~1% Reward rate)
- Spend Bonus: Get Rs.5,000 worth Yatra Voucher for every Rs.2,50,000 Spend. (2% Reward rate)
Considering the benefits received from both points and travel vouchers, it adds up to sweet 3% reward rate which is quite close to reward rates on super premium credit cards like HDFC Diner Black/Infinia which is 3.3%. To make the best use of this card, you need to spend 2.5L after which you’ll get Rs.7,500 value back.
Axis Privilege Credit Card Features:
- Card Expert Rating: 4.5/5
- Reward Rate: 1% to 3% as Edge loyalty Reward points + Spend based vouchers
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver, for a minimum transaction amount of Rs. 400 and a maximum of Rs. 4000. Maximum benefits upto Rs. 400 per month
- Complementary Airport lounge access: Yes, 2 complimentary Visits per quarter to Mastercard Lounges
- Special Features: Spend based travel Vouchers for every Rs.2.5L Milestone
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3.5% + Service Tax
If you’re a traveler, this is a must have credit card in your wallet. Or, if you’re having an Amex/Diners card which doesnt have 100% acceptance, this is one of the best card to have as a backup.
It’s been few years since i closed my FD based Axis Insta easy credit card and it’s time to start a fresh credit card relationship with the bank now. If everything goes well, i’ll probably be holding it in next couple of months.
What do you think about axis bank privilege credit card? Feel free to share your thoughts in comments below.