If you’re thinking about getting a card from Axis bank, this is the only option you have with decent reward rate. Every other credit card offering by Axis bank gives you peanuts rewards like Axis Bank Insta Easy Credit Card which i reviewed recently. I really wonder why such a well known private bank isn’t updating their credit card portfolio for ages. Even SBI is pro-active in improving their credit card variants in recent times.
Joining Fee: Rs.3,000+taxes
Axis Bank Signature Credit Card Rewards:
- Earn 10 points on domestic spends for every Rs. 200 spent
- Earn 20 points on international spends for every Rs. 200 spent
- Earn 2x points for spends in your birthday month
Its 1% reward rate on domestic spends, 2% reward rate on international spends.
The specialty of this card is that you earn 2X on birthday month. If you ever wanna spend much, it should be on your birthday month which will double your rewards. You’ll end up earning 2% on domestic spends which is equal to the reward rate given on HDFC regalia credit card.
Don’t be moved by the international reward rates, you will be charges 3.5%+tax for foreign transactions. If you spend much on international transactions, consider taking a card with less forex markup fee, like HDFC Regalia or HDFC Diners Premium credit card.
Axis Signature Credit Card Features:
- Card Expert Rating: 3.5/5 [yasr_overall_rating]
- Welcome Gift: Indigo Vouchers
- Reward Rate: 1% to 2% as Edge loyalty Reward points
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver, for a minimum transaction amount of Rs. 400 and a maximum of Rs. 4000. Maximum benefits upto Rs. 400 per month
- Renewal Fee Waiver: Spend ₹ 3,00,000 or more annually, for renewal fees to be waived off.
- Complementary Airport lounge access: Yes, 2 complimentary Visits per quarter to Visa Lounges ; Free Priority Pass Membership (only membership, not visits)
- Special Features: Enjoy 2x Reward points for spends in your birthday month
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3.5% + Service Tax
While the offering is quite decent, its not upto the mark to be listed as a Visa Signature credit card. I approached the branch to apply for this credit card recently and what’s interesting is that, Axis needs a sky high income like the one required for HDFC Infinia to avail this card. However, i was also said that upgrading from a different card is easier than getting it as a fresh one.
Do you think Axis Bank Signature Credit Card is worth its hype? Do let me know in comments below.