The Article is written by Prashant Agrawal, who’s the Co-founder at LittlePixi, an app which helps you find offers and coupons that work, in just 5 seconds.
RBL is turning out to be a surprising aggressive player in credit cards. Fun+ is a mid range card which is a good option if you don’t spend much and like going to movies. It looks attractive with the holographic deep red background and comes with NFC for quicker payments at POS. Availability of NFC enabled POS though is another story.
RBL also has unexpectedly effective customer care both on call and email. The application process too went without any hitch. These are lately a rarity even with banks like HSBC and Standard Chartered.
RBL Movies and More Credit Card Application process:
- I had initially come across RBL Fun+ card (earlier it was so called) at a KFC outlet and seemed to have an impressive offering. I had applied on the basis of another credit card (card-to-card) which qualified my application for faster and easier green channel.
- Started with a decent Rs.95,000 credit limit on setup which they increased by 10K after some time,which is quite fine since I barely use it and all high ticket purchases are routed to other cards
They revised their product offering recently in Nov-2016 and don’t seem to be actively sourcing this card any more. I am writing this to reflect those changes too. Its now re-branded as “Movies and More Credit Card” instead of “Fun+ Credit Card”
Movie redemption is simple. You get an SMS if you’re eligible along with the expiry date. When booking on BookMyShow website, select RBL Monthly Rewards from ‘Avail Offers’, just key in your credit card details and the amount is deducted instantly.
It served as one of the best credit cards in 2016 with its KFC/Pizza Hut benefits apart from Movie offers, though now its just yet another card with BMS offer as KFC benefit has been revoked.
- One free movie ticket worth र 250 at BookMyShow on spends of र 10,000 ( 2.5% Value )
- One additional free movie ticket worth र 250 at BookMyShow on spends of र 15,000 ( 3.33% Value )
Sign up benefits:
- ₹1000 BookMyShow voucher
- 10RP/₹100 for KFC, Pizza Hut & BookMyShow (2.3% value)
- 1RP/₹100 on all other spendings except fuel (0.2% value)
- Fuel surcharge waiver for ₹400-₹5000 up to ₹100 each month
- 5,000 bonus reward points on crossing
- 10,000 bonus reward points on crossing
- ₹499 annually. Like SBI, most cards from RBL carry an annual fees but I personally find it easily well compensated if you use the BookMyShow vouchers
- Renewal can be waived on spending 1.5L in previous billing year. Even if you don’t qualify for waiver, like I am not this year, do call them up and ask for it. Waiver is just a call away!
My card strategy for RBL Fun+:
- This my card of choice for all weekend dining being 3X more powerful than Regalia First’s accelerated RPs for dining, which I switch to on weekdays
- I also use this for all small purchases unless I am receiving accelerated rewards or discount on any other card for about ₹5-6K per month after which I switch to my Regalia First till next billing cycle
If you like watching movies, this a great card to have in your wallet, especially with the new accelerated RPs for weekend dining. For a primary card though, you’d probably want something better. Do you know? with RBL Platinum Delight Credit Card, you can save as much as 5% on your total spend. Though, its only for beginners.
CardExpert Rating: 3.5/5 [yasr_overall_rating]
This seems a great card, much better than the Platinum Maxima I was offered by the bank…. Will mail those guys for a swap
Cool, Enjoy the Movies 😀
The new rebranded card needs a minimum shopping of 10k to get a voucher of 250 bookmyshow and 15k for 500 voucher..kindly update this info
Ya, just did 🙂
On the website, it says you will get only Rs. 250 worth of ticket once you spend 10,000 and another Rs. 250 voucher once you spend 15,000. Looks like they have changed the most important feature of this card.
Any other cards which are good for getting BookMyShow vouchers?
Yes, they changed it in recent times. I’ve updated the post as well 🙂
SBI elite card has good Bookmyshow offers, but their renewal fee is not something i’m happy with.
Guess the Highlight benefits are now changed as per RBL website –
Monthly food and movie vouchers, much to your delight!
One free movie ticket worth र 250 at BookMyShow on spends of र 10,000 ( 2.5% Value )
One additional free movie ticket worth र 250 at BookMyShow on spends of र 15,000 ( 3.33% Value )
I would not agree with the customer support point. I have been using this card from when they have launched it(~Oct 2015). I find everything good with the card unless you need any support. They have the worst support comparing with others. Also I would not agree on the point that the fee reversal is just a call away. They are very strict on it.
1.Which credit card you used to get this on card on card basis?
2. How much limit you had with your old card ?
3. How old my card should be to apply RBL credit card ?
4. Is it necessary to have a saving or current account with RBL to get a credit card ?
Happy to help you here 🙂
1. I used HDFC AllMiles.
2. At that point of time I think it had about 1.5L limit.
3. 6 months at least.
4. Not really. I don’t have one even now. But having one certainly increases the chances of card approval.
Hi All, ,
My Canara Bank Classic Credit card has 50,000 rupees limit.
Kindly advise on the following
1. Which Bank’s are are offering new cards against existing Credit card ?
2. Does holding a credit card issued from a nationalized bank gives -ve impression to MNC banks ?
3. What should be the best strategy to apply against c2c ?
4. Can you also kindly highlight pros & cons of applying against c2c ?
5. Do banks still check CIBIL if applied card against card ?
@ Siddharth: In the interest of new/prospective card customer, is it possible for you to open a new thread that talks about new cards being offered aggressively by the banks .
I got the Fun+ card in Oct 2016 on Card on Card against my HDFC Regalia card.
Got the movie vouchers of 1000 Rs as welcome benefit.
Till Nov 2016, they were offering Rs 500 Bookmyshow voucher and Rs 300 KFC/ Pizza hut voucher on the monthly shopping of Rs 5000.
Now they have stopped KFC / Pizza hut vouchers. However I still get Rs500 voucher on monthly shopping of Rs 5000 or more.
Best part is … there is no limit on the number of tickets which can be bought with Rs 500 voucher. if your ticket cost is Rs 120, you can buy 4 tickets also ( Internet handling charges, needs to be paid separately).
That’s an useful info on voucher usage. Thanks for sharing Vinnet 🙂
Siddharth, Unfortunately they have removed this feature of voucher usage when they converted from Fun+ to Movies and More.
With Movies and more they are offering only one ticket worth Rs 250 on shopping of 10000 ( not the voucher of 250).
However existing Fun+ card members will continue getting Rs 500 voucher on 5000 shopping.
Hi! Can you explain the process of applying for this card on a card to card basis? I presently own an SBI simply click card with limit if 1 L/month.
Can you please explain atleast the first few steps involved? Thank you.
Just ask for Card-on-Card basis application.
I can describe my experience here which you might find helpful.
Had walked in to a branch and filled a physical form. Usually there’ll be one person specially assigned to credit cards. You’ll need to submit a copy of front of your existing card which is more than 6 months old (not back as it has the CVV).
Few signatures on photocopies later, you’re ready to go. Remember to retain the acknowledgement slip signed and preferably stamped by them in case something goes wrong. All the best.
RBL is offering LTF cards just got a call in Mumbai , anyone has any idea about LTF offer was not convinced by the caller ask to call back on Monday.
Has anyone received call for the same.
The lifetime clause mostly has minimum usage of 30k to 100k taken for granted by the banks.
Hi Recently i saw the add during booking a ticket on my show, the bank representive said annual fees is Rs 1000/- + 15% tax, as you said it is Rs 500/-.can you tell me what is the correct amount.
NOW FUN+ CREDIT CARD HAS STOP FROM NOV.2016 AND NO KFC AND PIZZA HUT VOUCHERS ON SPENDING RS.5000/- PER MONTH . WHY THEY CHANGES IN FEATURE……………….FOOL ……..NO USE OF YOUR BOOK MY SHOW VOUCHERS BECAUSE PAYTM OFFERS PER MONTH 1+1 MOVIE TICKET AND 100% CASH BACK .
IN FUTURE RBL BANK STOP THIS 500/- BOOK MY SHOW VOUCHERS ALSO TO DONT TRUST ON RBL CREDIT CARD AT ALL………………..DON WAST YOUR TIME
I own HDFC Regalia and SBI Elite Credit card, RBL denied to give me FUN+ Card Against either of my cards.
They were ready to give me Blockbuster card whose annula fee is 3000/- . Whats your suggestion?
That’s probably because new card issuance stopped quite back sometime back for RBL Fun+ which has movie tickets on just ₹5K spend and ₹499 annual fees. You can now choose between Blockbuster (movie tickets on 20K spend) or Movies & More (movie tickets on 15K spend).
Does this card has time slots to book tickets like icici coral credit card?
Like Hardik said, no it doesn’t have redemption quotas or time slots. It’s more like a voucher which can be used for discount for any number of tickets at any time.
No it’s doesn’t have any such time slots or quotas…I booked anytime in the day…no such problems just like sbi elite card…i have both so i can confirm…Dr.Hardik Patel…
Do they offer lounge access through the mastercard program?
No, unfortunately not, even though it’s a Mastercard Platinum. If you’re looking for lounge access, HDFC Platinum Debit or any of the Platinum Rupay cards are easy options with sufficiently large lounge network.
Its one of the best rewarding cards have been using it for 3 years now 5k no big money to spend against that reward ratio is much higher
RBL Diwali offer for me
Shop for a total of Rs. 100000 or more on your RBL Bank Credit Card and get an assured Amazon Echo Dot.
They have mentioned it’s costumised offer.
1RP = 1rs. or what?
1 RP = 0.25 INR
Why you don’t recommend RBL credit card unless someone have account with them ??
And how is the Kotak Pvr credit card,if I am a movie buff ?
Sid, kindly review bajaj rbl supercard