The Article is written by Prashant Agrawal, who’s the Co-founder at LittlePixi, an app which helps you find offers and coupons that work, in just 5 seconds.
RBL is turning out to be a surprising aggressive player in credit cards. Fun+ is a mid range card which is a good option if you don’t spend much and like going to movies. It looks attractive with the holographic deep red background and comes with NFC for quicker payments at POS. Availability of NFC enabled POS though is another story.
RBL also has unexpectedly effective customer care both on call and email. The application process too went without any hitch. These are lately a rarity even with banks like HSBC and Standard Chartered.
RBL Movies and More Credit Card Application process:
- I had initially come across RBL Fun+ card (earlier it was so called) at a KFC outlet and seemed to have an impressive offering. I had applied on the basis of another credit card (card-to-card) which qualified my application for faster and easier green channel.
- Started with a decent Rs.95,000 credit limit on setup which they increased by 10K after some time,which is quite fine since I barely use it and all high ticket purchases are routed to other cards
They revised their product offering recently in Nov-2016 and don’t seem to be actively sourcing this card any more. I am writing this to reflect those changes too. Its now re-branded as “Movies and More Credit Card” instead of “Fun+ Credit Card”
Movie redemption is simple. You get an SMS if you’re eligible along with the expiry date. When booking on BookMyShow website, select RBL Monthly Rewards from ‘Avail Offers’, just key in your credit card details and the amount is deducted instantly.
It served as one of the best credit cards in 2016 with its KFC/Pizza Hut benefits apart from Movie offers, though now its just yet another card with BMS offer as KFC benefit has been revoked.
- One free movie ticket worth र 250 at BookMyShow on spends of र 10,000 ( 2.5% Value )
- One additional free movie ticket worth र 250 at BookMyShow on spends of र 15,000 ( 3.33% Value )
Sign up benefits:
- ₹1000 BookMyShow voucher
- 10RP/₹100 for KFC, Pizza Hut & BookMyShow (2.3% value)
- 1RP/₹100 on all other spendings except fuel (0.2% value)
- Fuel surcharge waiver for ₹400-₹5000 up to ₹100 each month
- 5,000 bonus reward points on crossing
- 10,000 bonus reward points on crossing
- ₹499 annually. Like SBI, most cards from RBL carry an annual fees but I personally find it easily well compensated if you use the BookMyShow vouchers
- Renewal can be waived on spending 1.5L in previous billing year. Even if you don’t qualify for waiver, like I am not this year, do call them up and ask for it. Waiver is just a call away!
My card strategy for RBL Fun+:
- This my card of choice for all weekend dining being 3X more powerful than Regalia First’s accelerated RPs for dining, which I switch to on weekdays
- I also use this for all small purchases unless I am receiving accelerated rewards or discount on any other card for about ₹5-6K per month after which I switch to my Regalia First till next billing cycle
If you like watching movies, this a great card to have in your wallet, especially with the new accelerated RPs for weekend dining. For a primary card though, you’d probably want something better. Do you know? with RBL Platinum Delight Credit Card, you can save as much as 5% on your total spend. Though, its only for beginners.
CardExpert Rating: 3.5/5