This year HDFC Bank is probably the last to roll out their festive promo on credit cards, but as someone rightly said “good things come to those who wait”, HDFC has come up with a great festive promo of the year. Lets quickly look into it,
HDFC Festive Offer – Happy Hours Details:
- Offer: 10X Reward Points on your spends on Apparel (Clothing) and Electronics. Classification of a retail transaction (Point of sale/Online) under a merchant category (Electronics/Apparel) will be defined by Visa/MasterCard/Diners/ Rupay
- Type of Txn: Both Online & In-store POS terminals
- Time of Txn: Between 5PM-9PM
- Offer period: 15th Oct to 10th Nov, 2018
- Min. Txn Size: Rs.5,000
- Max. Points: 15,000 Bonus Points (15K JPMiles on Jet Cards)
- Offer valid on: Retail and Business Credit Cards
- Excluded Cards: Cards which don’t have rewards points feature like Valueplus, Bharat, Commercial corporate cards etc
- Applicable on EMI transactions too.
- Fulfilment: After 90 days of campaign end date
Only thing to note with this promo is that there is a possibility that the stores might not have registered properly under electronics/apparels MCC category.
So do the transaction preferably in big stores where you could be sure that it wont go wrong. And just incase if it goes wrong, keep the bills ready which “may” help.
Debit Card & Payzapp offer
- Debit Card Offer: 5% CashBack on your spends on Apparel and Electronics on all days between 5PM-9PM. Maximum CashBack of Rs 750 CashBack
- Payzapp offer: 10% CashBack* on scanning ‘Bharat/mVisa’ QR with HDFC Bank PayZapp. *Max cashback upto Rs.250 per user during the offer period (1st Apr ’18 to 31st Dec ’18.)
Why its a Great Promo?
First, for jet cards, you’ve the ability to earn upto 53% (as JPMiles) on Diners Jet Card and even for other HDFC Jet cards you get grand amount of JPMiles. So this is an awesome news for those who’re holding Jet cards as its usually rare to see promos on Jet Cards.
Second, they’ve now included offline stores too. A lot of us prefer offline shopping when it comes to apparels (at-least me) and even for electronics like home appliances at times. For those type of people, this offer is a God send. I personally will benefit from this as my mom has some upcoming shopping plans 🙂
Third, there are also some partner offers apart from the 10X promos, like 10% Cashback on Lifestyle, etc. You can double dip on these merchants. Looks like HDFC has come up with a separate landing page for these Festive offers. You can find it all here
How much you can save
Note: This is a stand alone offer and you can continue to get 10X on Smartbuy txns & 10X on Diners Merchants as applicable. Two offers cannot be combined as you might already know.
Every bank send out Offers mainly because they want you to spend on Apparal & Electronics as that’s when they could stretch your spending habit, resulting in some txns being converted to EMI’s.
So this offer is here for the same reason and i also see other banks would follow this type of promos in future. While that’s a nice promo, i still wish to certain extent that HDFC comes up with some kind of spend based promos too in future.
And last but not the least, the Happy Hours 5PM-9PM is a creative idea. Looks like some alcoholic mind is serious at work 😀
Update: Fulfilment of this offer was done on 20th Feb 2019
What’s your take on HDFC Happy Hours Festive Promo? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.