HDFC Bank has been very successful with their premium offering Regalia Credit Card, so much so that everyone wants it. Earlier HDFC Bank used to issue Allmiles credit card for those who’re not eligible for the Regalia.
But HDFC then decided to stop issuing Allmiles card, probably because it was run by a different loyalty partner.
So that’s how HDFC Regalia First came into existence – as a good replacement for Allmiles credit card. Note that this is the Regalia First and do-not get confused with the original Regalia, which is one step above this card.
Table of Contents
Joining Fees & Charges
|Joining Fee||Rs.1,000 (Easy to get First year free)|
|Renewal Fee Waiver||Rs. 1 Lakh Annual Spend|
|Payment Network||Visa Signature|
|Minimum Limit||Rs.1 Lakhs|
Default Reward Rate
- 1 Reward Point = 0.30 INR (when redeemed on regalia portal)
- 4 RP for every 150 INR Retail Spends
- Reward Rate: ~0.8%
Spend Based Milestones
- Earn 5,000 Reward Points on annual spends of Rs. 3,00,000 or more in each anniversary year
- Earn 7,500 Reward Points on annual spends of Rs. 6,00,000 or more in each anniversary year
- Fulfilment: After completion of the card anniversary year.
So if you’re able to spend 6 Lakhs in a year, you can get reward rate as good as 1.2% – which is pretty good for a card of this range.
All the above reward rate that i’ve mentioned is possible to achieve only when you redeem the points for travel bookings (flights/hotels). If you prefer to redeem your points for shopping or other vouchers from the catalog, you’ll end up loosing a lot.
Eff 1st Dec 2023, Airport Lounge Access benefit has been withdrawn on HDFC Bank’s Regalia First Credit Card.
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 2% + GST
- Credit Shield: 5 Lakhs
How to Apply
- New Application: >7.2 Lakh Annual Income (Branch/Online)
- HDFC Classic Banking: If you’re a Classic Customer for >6 months with good Balance/AQB, you’ve higher chances to get Regalia First if above condition is not met.
- Upgrade: Limits above 1.5 Lakh on existing HDFC card (Moneyback) with good spends would help.
That aside, most of the salary account holders are given HDFC Regalia First even if you don’t meet the above eligibility criteria, provided your company is banking with HDFC.
- Cardexpert Rating: 3/5
HDFC Bank’s Regalia First Credit Card used to be quite hot in the segment when it got initially launched, however, at the moment it’s no longer a card of choice for any segment very many reasons like: change in lounge access benefit and the overall change in the industry.
So if you’re holding HDFC Bank’s Regalia First in 2023 or later, it’s better to upgrade it to the original Regalia Credit Card, or if you’re looking for frequent lounge access benefit, you might as well go for the Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card.
Whats your take on HDFC bank Regalia First Credit Card? Feel free to share your thoughts in comments below.