Issued under Visa Infinite variant, Citibank’s Prestige credit card stands on top and provides double the benefit compared to PremierMiles Credit Card with unique travel perks that’s not with any other credit card issued in India. Similar to Citi Premier Miles card, Prestige has vast set of redemption partners and it is the card for those who want to play with air miles and International Hotel Loyalty programs.
- Joining/Annual membership fee: Rs 20,000
While the Joining fee of Citi Prestige card is quite high, it also comes with equivalent benefits through vouchers and reward points. below are the joining bonus benefits.
- 10,000 bonus air miles
- Rs 10,000 Vouchers from Taj Group or ITC hotels
That’s equivalent to Rs.20,000 in value, provided you’re smart enough to redeem the airmiles at Rs.1 or more. That’s usually possible with long haul International First/Business Class award ticket or domestic award ticket redemption during the offer/peak period.
- Value of 1 Reward Point = 4 Air Miles (with most Airlines)
- 1 Reward point on every Rs.100 Domestic spend (~4%)
- 2 Reward points for every Rs.100 International spend (~8%)
- Earn up to 30% bonus points up and above your regular earn, if you are an existing Citigold or Citigold Private Client
The last point is what makes the card a super special. For example, lets say you spend 10 Lakhs on international expenses which will get you 20,000 Points normally. With 30% extra bonus, you get total of 26,000 Points which is equal to 1,04,000 AirMiles. That’s a whooping 10% value back. You may loose a bit with markup fees but still Incredible!
Well, from bank and Air-miles perspective, most of them utilize the points for domestic flight tickets or international economy tickets, which reduces the value of the point by half.
Airport Lounge Access
- Access Via: Visa Infinite & Priority Pass
- Complimentary Limits: Unlimited with Priority Pass (for both Primary & 4 Add-on cards)
Like with any other super premium credit cards, you may continue to use your Priority Pass even in domestic lounges.
- Two annual complimentary luxury airport services and meet & assist services at over 30 international airports within Asia Pacific region.
- One night complimentary stay, on minimum booking of 4 nights
- Elevated status on the loyalty programs – British Airways & Taj Group
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3.5% + Service Tax
Though the reward rate may look eye catching, this card is only for those who can play smart with Points & Miles with Airline and hotel loyalty programs. That being said, its on my wish-list for quite a time and i hope i’ll get them someday, when the need arises!
- Card Expert Rating: 4.5/5
Do you hold this card or wish to apply for one? Share your views in comments below.