American Express is running a nice promotion recently that gives 3% Cashback on Fuel transactions with all American Express Credit Cards. On top of it, they Amex don’t charge you 2.5% surcharge when you fuel at HP Petrol pumps as HP & Amex are in partnership. That’s kind of 5.5% value back and its an impressive number in credit card industry.
American Express 3% Fuel Cashback Offer Details:
- Get 3% cash back up to a maximum of Rs. 4,500 per Card, during the promotion period.
- 2.5% Surcharge Waiver on HP Fuel stations
- Offer valid till: 30th June, 2017 (Extended recently)
- No minimum Spend criteria.
- You have to Enroll yourself first. Check your email for the offer link or get one from customer care.
- Cashback added to statement within a day (though they say 5 days after making the txn)
- Additionally get 0.75% Cashback as per latest rule by government.
My Experience with Amex Fuel Cashback offer:
I’ve never used my credit or debit card in recent times for fuel purchases mainly because almost all cards i have donot reverse the service tax taken on surcharge and also reward points aren’t added. So i always prefer to use Cash rather charging on the card and wasting money.
But Amex finally made me to use my card for fuel expenses, here on i’ll be directing all my fuel expenses to Amex until 28th Feb 2017. I’ve started using my American Express Platinum Travel card for fuel and i’m already seeing the cashback kicking in. Check out the transactions below which i did to fuel my Bike & Car in HP fuel pumps.
Its sure a lucrative offer for those who spend a lot on fuel. The 3% reward rate is in par with Uber premium cards, still most don’t provide reward points on fuel txn’s. So Amex is the only best credit card in India for fuel transactions for now.
I wish to charge 1.5L on the card to grab Rs.4,500 Cashback and store the fuel somewhere 😉 Share your thoughts in comments below.