Amidst all the recent devaluations with HDFC Diners Rewardz and HDFC Diners Premium, the benefits of owning a Diners Club International Cards was slowly fading away. Not that HDFC has been kind with the other credit cards they offered. They have devalued almost all the major credit cards they offer barring the HDFC Infinia, Diners Black and JetAirways Diners.
But then it seems, HDFC Bank is again playing it’s cards right and this is sure to bring relief to a few disgruntled customers who love to do foreign transactions. HDFC is now throwing an earning capability of upto 10,000 points under the 10X program for all international spends that will be done on their Diners Club cards.
Earn 10X RPs on all International Spends with Diners Cards:
- Offer Validity: 1st September 2017- 31st December 2017
- Earning Cap per statement cycle:
- HDFC Diners Black: 10,000 RPs (1RP= ₹1)
- HDFC Diners Premium: 5,000 RPs.(1 RP= ₹0.50)
- HDFC Diners Rewardz: 2,500 RPs, the terms and condition PDF says Max 2000 RPs though. (1 RP= ₹0.30)
- Offer only valid on Foreign transactions done (They haven’t mentioned whether the offer is valid on both Online and PoS transactions or not, but in my view, it’s safe to assume that both txns will qualify.)
- Incremental RPs will be posted within 90 days from statement cycle.
- The 10X points Cap under this offer is over and above the 10X conventional offer with preferred partners like Amazon.in, Uber etc.
You can earn even more through their Global Value Program at Rs.199 Annual Fee.
- Under this scheme, any HDFC Bank Credit Cards can activate the Global Value Program by calling Phonebanking.
- The Service Program will be activated for your credit card within 5 days of placing the request and you’ll receive a confirmation SMS for the same.
- You will be billed ₹199 for a year.
- You’ll get 500 bonus RPs within 60 days after 1st International Transaction is done.
- You’ll get a cashback benefit of 1% on all transaction upto ₹1000/statement cycle.
- Within 30 days of reaching ₹1.5 lakh International spends in a year, you’ll get a Yatra Voucher worth ₹2000!!
Apart from this there are few merchant specific discounts for International Spends made in USA that you can check out on their official Diners Privilege Page.
So this like raining cashback and reward points, specially for HDFC Diners Club International Credit Card Holders. This makes sense because, the mark up fees for Diners Rewardz is 3% and for Premium and Black it is 2%. At the same time, you’ll get 1% cash back too.
On top of this you’ll earn 10X RPs based on your card type. It’s true that Diners Credit Cards provide the worst foreign exchange rates but here the benefits far outweigh the loss.
You save as good as ~30% on all international spends with Diners Black!!!
- Update: Please refer the latest update on this article here: HDFC Diners Club 10X Program (March 2018 Update)
I am sure going to rack up a few points through this new scheme. Many people, specially who deal a lot in foreign transactions will definitely find these offers lucrative. Do let us know how you are planning to benefit from these new offers in the comments below.