The 10X program from HDFC Diners Club has been one of the most rewarding programs in the credit card industry in India (even safe to say – in the world). After, passing the previous deadline of 31st March, 2018, the program has been updated with a few changes and extensions of the end date.
HDFC Diners Club 10X Reward Points Offer
There are 3 wings of the 10X program from HDFC Diners. We will look at the updates in all these three wings one by one.
#1 Direct Partner Websites
- The current program has been extended till 30th April, 2018.
- We expect this to be further extended. For now HDFC might be sorting out the partners and once confirmed, we might see this being extended all the way upto 30th September, 2018.
- A few of the previous partners have been removed such as Caratlane and Luxhues. Apart from this no other partners were removed.
- The current list of 10X partners are:
- Domino’s (Online + Offline Partner)
- Tata CLiQ
- Lifestyle (Offline Partner)
- Redbus (No more App-Only Requirement)
#2 SmartBuy Transactions
- The 10X Program through SmartBuy has been extended till 30th September, 2018.
- UPDATE: Reward Points will also be credited for EMI transactions made on or/and after 1st April, 2018.
- The program consists of transactions done on SmartBuy page and ones that are done on 3rd party Sites like Flipkart/Amazon.
- This program w.r.t 3rd party Transactions like Flipkart has been one of the most elusive programs as the points are not credited consistently. We have read a lot of bad experiences from our readers. So, I’ll like to give a few tips to all readers to maximise their chances of getting the points without any extra efforts.
- Before you make the transaction, disable all ad-blockers or tracking blockers on your web browsers.
- Never open the SmartBuy page directly. Always open it via the official HDFC Bank Page. The official HDFC Bank Page has a link to the SmartBuy page (Compare and Fly/Compare and Buy etc..) Use this link to go to SmartBuy page.
- Always add the product to cart only after being redirected from SmartBuy. Many users have a tendency to add the product to the cart beforehand and then they come to Flipkart from SmartBuy and complete the transaction. Please don’t do this. Always add the product after you land up on the Flipkart page coming from SmartBuy.
- Last but not the least, always keep a screenshot of the order completion page. This page is unique and it has both the Flipkart and SmartBuy logos and this page cannot be replicated hence this pretty much confirms that you have done the transaction on Flipkart via SmartBuy. Regarding merchants like amazon which do not have any such logos, you can make a small video for high value transactions.
- Understand that these are my personal tips after being an online shopper for 8-9 years now. Even though this does not guarantee 100% credit of points, but you will witness better chances of getting the points credited.
- I have used these techniques myself on the last two occasions after the big point chasing fiasco in September and on both the occasions, my 9X points were credited as soon as the same month ended, often in as less as 12 days (even though they claim it might take up to 90 days – Its dynamic and changing often).
#3 International Transactions
- This program has been extended till 30th June, 2018.
- This consists of both online and offline transactions in foreign currency. This program coupled with the Global Value Program, is the most rewarding international transactions rewarding program.
Its undoubtedly a wonderful offer and we Indians are lucky to avail such promos. Coming to the savings part, as you may already know, this is the reward rate you get by availing 10X promo.
The most important part is, the upper cap applies separately to each of the above offer, hence, you can save a lot by availing all 1+2+3 promos every month. The offer is certainly a blessing, especially for travellers who can get max. value out of it.
What is your experience with HDFC Diners Club 10X Programs? Have you faced any difficulties or have any tip to share? Let us know in the comments section below.