Issues under Visa Infinite variant, Citibank’s Prestige credit card stands on top and provides double the benefit compared to PremierMiles Credit Card with unique Travel Perks that’s not with any other credit card issued in India. Similar to Premier Miles card, Prestige has vast set of redemption partners and it is the card for those who want to play with air miles and International Hotel Loyalty programs.
Welcome Bonus Citi Prestige Credit Card:
Annual membership fee: Rs 20,000.
While the Joining fee of Citi Prestige card is quite high, it also comes with equivalent benefits through vouchers and reward points. below are the joining bonus benefits.
- 10,000 bonus air miles
- Rs 10,000 Vouchers from Taj Group or ITC hotels
That’s equivalent to Rs.20,000 in value, provided you’re smart enough to redeem the airmiles at Rs.1 or more. That’s usually possible with long haul International First Class award ticket or domestic award ticket redemption during the offer period.
Ongoing Benefits of Citibank Prestige Card:
- One night complimentary stay, on minimum booking of 4 nights
- Unlimited complimentary Priority Pass lounge access at over 950+ airports (for primary and supplementary card members)
- Elevated status on the loyalty programs – British Airways & Taj Group
- Two annual complimentary luxury airport services and meet & assist services at over 30 international airports within Asia Pacific region.
Out of all these benefits, elevated status with British Airways and luxury airport services is what makes the card a special one to me.
Awesome Rewards Program:
- 1 Reward point on every Rs.100 Domestic spend
- 2 Reward points for every Rs.100 International spend
- Value of 1 Reward Point = 4 Air Miles (with most Airlines)
- Earn up to 30% bonus points up and above your regular earn, basis spends on the Citi Prestige credit card, if you are an existing Citigold or Citigold Private Client
The last point is what makes the card a super special. For example, lets say you spend 10 Lakhs on international expenses which will get you 20,000 Points normally. With 30% extra bonus, you get total of 26,000 Points which is equal to 1,04,000 AirMiles. That’s a whooping 10% value back. Incredible!
Well, from bank and Air-miles perspective, most of them utilize the points for domestic flight tickets or international economy tickets, which reduces the value of the point by half. Hence it seems Citibank is able to buy lots of miles from the Airlines at rates far less than Rs.1.
Features of Citi Prestige Credit Card:
- Card Expert Rating: 4.5/5
- Reward rate: 4% normally to upto ~10% overseas
- Annual Fee: Rs 20,000.
- Complementary Airport lounge access: Yes, 4 visits per quarter to Visa Lounges in India & unlimited access via Priority Pass Lounge Program across the globe (also to add-on members)
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3.5% + Service Tax
Though the Reward Rate may look eye catching, this card is only for those who can play smart with Points & Miles with Airline and hotel loyalty programs. That being said, its on my wishlist for quite a time. Hopefully will hold the card by 2017 provided they don’t devalue the card at that point 😀
Do you hold this card or wish to apply for one? Share your views in comments below.