HDFC has come up with 3 new exiting welcome offers apart from the usual 5x/10x promotions. These welcome offers are applicable with newly setup cards only. This “may” also apply to upgraded cards as it used to work that way in the past. However, its good to re-confirm with customer care if its your case.
HDFC Credit Card Welcome Offers
#1 Earn 5X Reward Points on all other transactions
- Offer valid on all transactions in a month, once in any of first 4 months from card setup, subject to minimum 5 transactions in that month.
- Offer valid for customers sourced in June, July, August and September
- Applicable only on non 10X transactions in that month.
- Maximum Cap: 1000 Reward points (Regalia, Regalia First and Infinia); 2000 Reward Points (Diners Cards)
- Offer valid till 31st Dec 2017
#2 Avail BookMyShow vouchers
- The offer is valid for only new HDFC Bank Credit Card holders.
- Use your HDFC Bank Credit Card 5 times per month, in first 90 days of card setup and get a BookMyShow voucher worth Rs.250
- Use your HDFC Bank Credit Card 10 times per month, in first 90 days of card setup and earn 2 BookMyShow voucher worth Rs.250 each
- Use your HDFC Bank Credit Card 15 times per month, in first 90 days of card setup and earn 3 BookMyShow voucher worth Rs.250 each
- Offer applicable only on Retail Credit cards
- Offer applicable only for customers in Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkatta, Delhi and Chandigarh
#3 Recharge Vouchers
- The offer is valid for all HDFC Bank Retail Credit Card holders.
- Use your HDFC Bank Credit Card 3 times every month in first 90 days and get a mobile recharge voucher worth Rs.100
- Use your HDFC Bank Credit Card 6 times or more every month in first 90 days and get a mobile recharge voucher worth Rs.200
- Offer not applicable for customers in BANGALORE, HYDERABAD, MUMBAI, PUNE, AHMEDABAD, CHENNAI, DELHI, KOLKATA and CHANDIGARH
- The recharge will be valid only for prepaid customers and postpaid customers can input any prepaid number of their choice while redeeming.
They also have another 5% cashback with Smart Pay, but that’s tiny one. Apart from that, limiting the offers to certain locations as we see above doesn’t seem to be a good idea.
No matter how bad HDFC customer service is, or no matter how bad they’re in fulfilling their promised offers, they still come up with exiting offers every now and then. 5X offer is a great one but then the maximum cap is too low to take advantage of it. Anyways, something is better than nothing.
What’s your take on new HDFC Credit Card welcome offers? Anyone planning to avail them? Do let me know in comments below.
Sources: 1, 2, 3. Thanks to Prashant & Ajesh for spotting them.
Hi Sid, That’s great news ! May be Small in volume but nevertheless A good deal, more so because it’s a surprise coming out of the blue & pleasant one 🙂
Where exactly is this mentioned in the website ? I cant find despite going through it twice !
Go through the source links 🙂
I’ve taken a Jet card and have got the second offer for 2 months now. Have also seen a movie free last Saturday.
Standard Chartered launched a new card today – Ultimate.
Kindly review it for us.
Thanks for spotting. Just reviewed 🙂
My business money back credit card was set up in july,will it eligible,I haven’t received such email/sms regarding this offer.
Hi how to get this offer. I got my new regalia first in July.. Do the reward points get updated automatically? And how to get the recharge voucher. I live outside the above metros…
Should happen auto for acc. points. Check with customer care anyways.
I currently hold a Diners Rewardz and am eligible for an upgrade. They offered me Regalia first. I am thinking which one should I go for. I am aware of the recent devaluations (Thanks to you). I still wish to continue having HDFC for their good partner offers. Suggestions?
Try for Diners premium. Its still good for 10X rewards
Awesome website! Spent hours reading the articles.
I have a question, in the recent HDFC credit card statements generated, I can observe some IGST-VPS(random code) charges being credited randomly, over 2k every month.
Contacted my RM for that, but even he didn’t have any idea. Can someone help me out with that? What exactly is it?
A detailed explanation might even help others looking for the same.
Arjun … I also charged 23 rs under IGST-VPS CODE … I have contacted customer card .. they said it GST 18% on interest of last month emi … Hope this helps 🙂
Sid I currently have regalia visa variant, is it possible to change to MasterCard variant ?
As usual HDFC Customer care is not even aware of this offer. Is there any online link that can be referred?
I checked with HDFC Customer support escalation team. They confirmed that it is not applicable to upgraded or renewed card. It is mentioned in terms and conditions.
Hi, I think the source links are expired.
I hold a Regalia and I have received 6 BMS vouchers so far via a missed call to the said number.
Any idea how to get the recharge vouchers? Haven’t received any communication from HDFC for the recharge vouchers.
I think you get either the BMS vouchers or recharge vouchers, not both. Even I received 6 BMS vouchers.
How to get BMS vouchers after using 5 times?
I hold a Regalia First and made some transactions through smartpay/payzapp in the september month to avail the 10X points (amazon pay load of a few thousand and bigbasket shopping worth 1.3k). My statement generated on 14th october and the remaining 9X points haven’t been credited yet. I have been tracking my points since last statement. Any idea why that could have happened.
9X remaining points typically get credited on next statement generation date, that is, statement generation date of next cycle. That’s how it works on Diners, and they are very categorical about it in terms. I’m not sure if smartpay credits in 90 days or on next generation date, but you definitely not going to get them on immediate statement date.
How to increase credit limit in HDFC Credit card , I am not getting offer for increase credit limit automatically from BANk., I pay my due on time , using credit card up to 50% max of available credit limits for better CIBIL , still not getting any offer for bank
Download the limit enhancement form from the webaite and send it to their chennai office. Alternatively isit any branch and drop the form in the dropbox.
Me too. I never got Automatic Limit Enhancement offer ever.
Me Too, though I have HDFC DCB still my limit is 4.95 lakhs. I have never got Limit increase offer in last 2 years.
I am spending around 20 lakhs in a year and paying on time and having preferred savings account too for last 12 years and using HDFC CC for last 12 years