HDFC has come up with 3 new exiting welcome offers apart from the usual 5x/10x promotions. These welcome offers are applicable with newly setup cards only. This “may” also apply to upgraded cards as it used to work that way in the past. However, its good to re-confirm with customer care if its your case.
HDFC Credit Card Welcome Offers
#1 Earn 5X Reward Points on all other transactions
- Offer valid on all transactions in a month, once in any of first 4 months from card setup, subject to minimum 5 transactions in that month.
- Offer valid for customers sourced in June, July, August and September
- Applicable only on non 10X transactions in that month.
- Maximum Cap: 1000 Reward points (Regalia, Regalia First and Infinia); 2000 Reward Points (Diners Cards)
- Offer valid till 31st Dec 2017
#2 Avail BookMyShow vouchers
- The offer is valid for only new HDFC Bank Credit Card holders.
- Use your HDFC Bank Credit Card 5 times per month, in first 90 days of card setup and get a BookMyShow voucher worth Rs.250
- Use your HDFC Bank Credit Card 10 times per month, in first 90 days of card setup and earn 2 BookMyShow voucher worth Rs.250 each
- Use your HDFC Bank Credit Card 15 times per month, in first 90 days of card setup and earn 3 BookMyShow voucher worth Rs.250 each
- Offer applicable only on Retail Credit cards
- Offer applicable only for customers in Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkatta, Delhi and Chandigarh
#3 Recharge Vouchers
- The offer is valid for all HDFC Bank Retail Credit Card holders.
- Use your HDFC Bank Credit Card 3 times every month in first 90 days and get a mobile recharge voucher worth Rs.100
- Use your HDFC Bank Credit Card 6 times or more every month in first 90 days and get a mobile recharge voucher worth Rs.200
- Offer not applicable for customers in BANGALORE, HYDERABAD, MUMBAI, PUNE, AHMEDABAD, CHENNAI, DELHI, KOLKATA and CHANDIGARH
- The recharge will be valid only for prepaid customers and postpaid customers can input any prepaid number of their choice while redeeming.
They also have another 5% cashback with Smart Pay, but that’s tiny one. Apart from that, limiting the offers to certain locations as we see above doesn’t seem to be a good idea.
No matter how bad HDFC customer service is, or no matter how bad they’re in fulfilling their promised offers, they still come up with exiting offers every now and then. 5X offer is a great one but then the maximum cap is too low to take advantage of it. Anyways, something is better than nothing.