Now Hdfc has restarted the 10x/5x program, which was running for quite sometime in the past. Good news is that the validity of this offer is extended until 31st Mar 2018. Now everyone facing issues with smartbuy for booking flights and hotels can now enjoy the Makemytrip offer for next 9 months. Good enough!
I wonder how hdfc went ahead and made this offer live as it reduces the transaction volume on smartbuy by great numbers. Anyways the offer is up on both MMT portal and HDFC Smartbuy offers section and here are the details.
Makemytrip 5X Reward Points on HDFC Credit Cards
Here’s full info of the offer.
- This offer is only valid on transactions where the deal code HDFC5X is applied.
- The offer shall be valid from 6th June, 2017 to 31st Mar 2018 (including both the days).
- 5X Reward Points on all HDFC Retail Credit Crads
- Valid only on Domestic Flights, International Flights, Domestic Hotels and International Hotels bookings.
- This offer is not applicable on multi city flight bookings, Holiday, Bus & Rail bookings.
- Reward Points Upper cap: Not mentioned.
As you can see, there are couple of limits on the offer which were actually the same last time (though relaxed). Not sure how its gonna work this time. Multi-city flight bookings is big part and i hope they don’t mind about the multi-city routes they show in usual bookings.
Also, i guess they’ll be strict with applying the code now on, which means, the offer is good only for flight bookings as the hotels are cheaper with other compared to HDFC5X. Hence no point in using it to pay high for getting 5x/10x points for hotels. Lets see how it goes.
Update: Diners Cards now can’t avail 10X on makemytrip
Makemytrip is indeed a great platform for travel booking and it’s good to see the 10X offer back in action as this saves a lot of money for frequent travellers. What do you think? Feel free to share your views in comments below.