Kotak bank credit cards are not so popular and rewarding in the world of credit cards. Nevertheless being in tier-2 city, it doesn’t harm if one is able to grab a premium credit card from well known bank. Off late their merchant offers are on the rise.
Kotak Royal Signature Credit Card, one of the most premium offerings from Kotak bank stands a tad below 2 of their cards viz. Kotak Privy League Signature Card, Kotak Wealth Management Infinite Card but both require quite handsome NRV to be maintained as their eligibility criteria.
Rewards & offers available are hardly differentiable between them though.
Table of Contents
|Entry-Level Credit Card
|0.6% – 1.2%
|Nothing except the card design
Kotak Royal Signature Credit Card is an unattractive entry-level credit card that is sold as if it is a premium credit card. Don’t fall for it!
|999 INR + GST
|Renewal Fee Waiver
|Spends of > 1,00,000 INR
After the recent changes done to the product, it now makes sense for anyone to get this card for free. But honestly you shouldn’t be getting this card as there are many other Kotak Bank Credit Cards worth choosing from.
|2 RP’s on every 150 INR
|4 RP’s on every 150 INR
- Special Categories: Hotels, Restaurants, Travel Agencies, Tour Operators , Package Tour Operators, Airlines & International Spends
- 1 reward point= 0.25 INR (can be taken as cash credit as well)
|RETURN ON SPEND
So on 8L spend, you get ~1.2% reward rate on regular spends, which is poor these days as even the lifetime free credit cards are giving >1.5% return easily.
Airport Lounge Access
It’s a free card, so obviously no priority pass benefit.
Hands on Experience
Applied for Royale Signature credit card via Kotak bank website despite my city being shown unserviceable for it. Flow of Card processing is as below,
- 10.07.2019- Applied for the card and CIBIL enquiry done by the bank same day
- 11.07.2019- Received SMS confirming my application
- 15.07.2019- Bank executive visited my house for address verification
- 17.07.2019- Bank executive called to ask for company landline no. for verification
- 23.0.2019- Received email that card has been approved
- 24.07.2019- Card details shown under Kotak 811 app
- 25.07.2019- Card delivered
Also heard from some of my friends that they are good at providing Credit Limit Enhancement every 6 months in general to the tune of 30-35%.
Card looks really Premium having Leather type texture, as you can see above.
- Cardexpert Rating: 2.5/5
As can be seen, this credit card from Kotak bank returns a paltry 1-1.5% even if milestone spends are completed. Also non-availability of Priority Pass is surprising considering its eligibility criteria.
Ideally I would never suggest to take this card going forward, rather, you may take the Kotak League Platinum Credit Card.
Have you got Kotak Royale Signature credit card either by Upgrade or on first try? Feel free to share your experiences in comments below.