Its the habit of American Express to reward its cardholders whether they’re from their own platform or in partnership with a bank. Just like last year’s Marriott Dining Voucher, this year too American Express has partnered with IndusInd Bank to reward their co-brand credit cardmembers with one of Amex’s long term partner – Taj Hotels. Here is the offer info:
IndusInd – Amex Taj E-Gift Card Offer
- Offer: Spend and get complimentary Taj Experiences E-Gift card worth upto Rs 5,000!
- Spend Criteria: Spend Rs.50K to get Rs.2K Taj Voucher, or spend Rs.1L to get Rs.5K Voucher. (Offline spends need to be 50% atleast)
- Offer Reward Rate: ~5% + regular JPMiles/Points
- Eligible Cards: All Indusind Amex Cards including Jet cards.
- Offer Period: 1st – 31st Oct 2019.
- Fulfilment: 31st December, 2019
- Offer T&C
The Taj E-Gift Card is valid for multiple transactions across Taj Hotels, SeleQtions, and Vivanta hotels, and Ama Stays and Trails in India for spends towards accommodation, dining, spa and other services and applicable taxes.
Its certainly a good offer with ~5% reward rate and would work out well for those who’re planning to do decent offline spends. Not to forget, you will continue to get regular reward points as well. So its a great deal if you’ve the right Amex Co-brand card, like IndusInd Iconia Amex.
Last year’s Marriott Dining Voucher was quite useful too but Taj Gift cards are welcome anyday, as they give you memorable experiences.
I wish these Amex co-brand offer continues in future too and it would be awesome if they bring it one more time in a year, similar to other Amex proprietary offers.
That said, let’s see if we get a similar offer from ICICI too, which was a little better one last year compared to IndusInd.
What’s your take on this Indusind Amex Co-brand Offer? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.