When it comes to booking a cab, i always prefer Uber as i feel it has lots of advantages over its domestic competitor OLA, like,
- Low Fares than OLA (experienced many times)
- Faster customer support (i need to escalate to deal with OLA)
- Connectivity in many countries (saved me hell a lot of $ recently)
- The Global Brand
- 10X Rewards with Diners cards (I use it with Diners Black )
That being said, Uber is not available in all cities and hence OLA serves as a pretty good backup for me. Now with an exclusive partnership with Visa, they’ve come up with a jaw dropping offer which i availed it to the fullest.
The offer has been up for quite sometime which some of you might already know, but its just a reminder incase you missed it.
OLA Visa Offer: Get Rs.75 Off on 3 OLA Rides
Terms and Conditions
- Maximum cashback amount per Ola ride is Rs.75.
- Maximum total cashback is Rs.225 for 3 Ola rides.
- Cashback will be credited into the users Ola Money account within 1 business day
- For a ride value less than Rs.75 cashback will be the entire ride fare amount not inclusive of taxes
- Offer valid only on 3 Ola rides paid with Visa card per user
- Offer valid on multiple cards per user, but offer valid only thrice per user
- User should complete all three rides with in 30 days of taking the first ride
- No coupon code has to be applied to avail the offer
- This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer on Ola Cabs
- Cashback will be credited into the users Ola Money account only after the payment for the ride is made
- Cashback applicable only on Micro, Mini, Prime and Lux categories
- Validity: 11th February 2017 to 30th April 2017
I was on a quick trip to Chennai and the offer really helped well. I’ve used all 3 rides and got the benefits to the fullest. Note that you’ll need to choose Visa card as payment option and charge it directly. Once you pay after the ride by authenticating your card with 3D secure code, the cash-back to Olamoney kicks in just in few minutes. Here’s how i paid just Rs.111 instead of Rs.336,
- Total paid for 3 Rides: Rs.336
- Cashback Received: Rs.225
- Effective Ride Cost: Rs.111/3 = Rs.37 per Ride
I don’t generally put my effort in chasing small cashbacks but this is something i loved doing it as Rs.37 for a ride is indeed a nice deal for about 5 Km in Chennai’s super hot Sun and above all, we don’t need to follow too many rules to avail this. If you travel more often, 20% off with Uber on Standard Chartered credit cards like Manhattan or super value titanium (also on other cards) may be very useful.
Have you utilized this Visa-OLA Offer? Do share your experience in comments below.