I’ve been using SBI signature credit card for quite some time and i’ve also earned Rs.18,000 as cashback using the milestone reward points accumulated on the card. I’m done with cashback redemption and stuff and its time to play with Points and Miles and so SBI Air India Signature credit card came into the picture. I’ve been stalking on the card for a while until it recently got devalued.
Even-though the existing benefits are lesser than what it had before, i’m sure even the current benefits are good enough for a high spender and no matter what even this will get devalued very soon.
SBI Air India Signature Credit Card Miles Earn Rate:
- 4 Reward points for every ₹ 100 spent on Air India SBI Signature Card
- 20 Reward points for every ₹ 100 spent on Air India tickets
Bonus Milestone Rewards:
- 20,000 Reward Points on spending 5 Lakhs in a Year
- 30,000 Reward Points on spending 10 Lakhs in a Year
- 50,000 Reward Points on spending 20 Lakhs in a Year
- Welcome Bonus: 20,000 Reward Points
- Renewal Bonus: 5,000 Reward Points
If you spend 20 Lakhs on this card, this is what you get:
= 20,000+30,000+50,000+80,000(Regular earn rate)+20,000(Welcome Bonus)
= 2,00,000 Reward points (WOW!!)
Simply put, you get 2L Air India Miles on 20L Spend. That’s 10% value back if you’re expert in redeeming the miles at value of Rs.1/mile or more.
You can possibly do it by redeeming it on International First class award tickets or by redeeming during the offer period where you can redeem miles like 40% lesser than usual requirement. You can expect such offers at-least twice a year.
2L AirIndia Miles is good enough to redeem for 1 First Class ticket (or) 2 Economy Class tickets between India & USA.
Membership Upgrades on Air India SBI Signature Card:
- Silver Edge Club on crossing an annual spend of Rs. 5 lacs including a minimum spend of Rs. 2.5 lacs on Air India tickets
- Golden Edge Club on crossing an annual spend of Rs. 10 lacs including a minimum spend of Rs. 5 lacs on Air India tickets.
Nope, no one gonna spend that much amount on AirIndia tickets and so this benefit goes useless for vast majority of the card holders.
Features of SBI Air India Signature Credit Card:
- CardExpert Rating: 9/10
- Reward rate: ~10% as AirIndia Miles
- Complementary Airport lounge access: Yes, through Visa Signature Lounge Access program. Also you get complimentary membership for Priority Pass, but no free access allowed via Priority Pass card.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Enjoy 0% surcharge (Minimum transaction of INR 500. Maximum waiver of INR 250 per statement cycle)
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3.5% + Service Tax
- Special Features: Milestone Bonus
- Personal Concierge Service: Global Concierge Assistance for all your travel & other needs. Its kind of virtual assistant service over phone.
SBI Air India Signature credit card is one of the best travel credit card in India at the moment. If you happen to spend a lot on your credit card, this must be in your wallet. There are no other cards in India giving this kind of reward points except the HDFC Diners cards that gives upto whooping 33% value back on selected partners for a limited time.
That being said, i’m trying to grab the card in coming days as it will help me in international travels. While Airmiles are good for International trips, for local travels i prefer American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card which gives good amount of Indigo vouchers and here’s my experience with Amex Plat Travel Card which you might find useful.
Impressed about the potential of Air India SBI Signature Credit Card? Feel free to share your views in comments below 🙂