International Enabled Diners Club Rewardz credit card is yet another variant in premium segment of HDFC Bank Credit cards. This card is considered one of the best cards for middle class segment which offers best features in context of dining or concierge services and traveling purpose. It provides you a royal feeling as it gives you exclusive lounge experiences at their dedicated lounges, say in Mumbai and New Delhi airports. It has the Largest Indian airport lounge program, with access to 25+ lounges in India with unlimited access across the year.
Dining & Concierge Experience:
Diners Credit Cards are basically specialized for Dining & travel purposes and so the name DINERS. So the attractive feature of the card which makes it different and exclusive from all other cards in the beginner segment is its dedicated concierge and dining services offered.
The 24×7 global concierge desk assists you in making dining referrals and reservation assistance. You get flower delivery and gift delivery assistance which gives you a royal feeling of owning a super Premium card (while its not) 😛
Reward Points in Diners Club Rewardz Credit Card:
The reward earning rate is yet another attractive advantage of this card.
- 3 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 of Retail spends
- 6 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 of Grocery, Supermarket purchases, Dining and Airline Ticketing spends
- 6 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 on incremental retail spends greater than Rs.10,000 in a statement cycle
1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.75 || 1 Reward Point = 1 Air Mile
Something interesting here. Note the 3rd POINT above, if you spend 10k or above in a statement cycle, you’ll get ~4000 points for 1Lakh spend, which is equivalent to ~3,000 INR in savings! (or 4000 Air Miles) This is huge and stands in par (infact above) with topmost cards with HDFC like Infinia or Diners club black.
Well, no one at HDFC Customer care was able to answer/re-confirm my question on this. Maybe someone need to typically get it, spend it to validate this point to what extent it is true.
Redeem Reward Point for AirMiles against Jet Airways (JPMiles) or AirIndia Miles.
Diners Club Rewardz Credit Card Features:
- Card Expert Rating: 8/10
- Reward Point: Welcome gift of 2500 reward points. Earn double reward points on grocery or super market purchases and on dining and air ticketing and on incremental retail spends of 10000 and above per statement.
- Redemption of Reward Points: Earned Reward points can be redeemed for air miles against Jet Airways or Air India miles or for booking hotels or air tickets across 150+ domestic or international airports/hotels.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Surcharge is waived off completely if fuel purchases are made between Rs 400-5000 across all fuel stations.
- Protection: Air Insurance cover of Rs 50 lakhs in case of death in air accident to the next nominee.
- Renewal Fee Waiver: The annual fees of the card is Rs 1000 which can be waived off if you spend Rs 15000 within first 90 days of receipt of the card and then later every year if you spend Rs 1 lakh, the fees will be waived off.
- Complementary Airport lounge access: Yes, Unlimited access within India.
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3% + Service Tax
The card is overall best suited for you if you are a frequent traveller or dine out regularly. The features are designed so as to give customers a royal treatment with many more attractive features. As a matter of fact, this is the only such credit card which has the ability to provide unlimited lounge access and unparalleled reward points on incremental spends.
But, as you might know, the only problem is its acceptance in India. But, as long as you are using it in websites like Flipkart and such, you’re safe. Though small variant in Diners Club but it is like ‘Huge Blow in Small Packet’. 🙂
Do you have this card or wish to have one? Drop your comments below!