Air Vistara in partnership with Axis bank launched a range of Vistara Co-Branded credit cards around July 2016 which includes three variants namely: Platinum, Signature & Infinite. Among which Axis Vistara Infinite Credit Card is the top of the line variant that can pamper you with Complimentary Business Class tickets on your everyday credit card spends.
- Joining Fee: INR 10,000+Tax
- Welcome Bonus: One Complimentary Business Class ticket (consider it pays off Joining fees)
Milestone benefits on Axis Vistara Infinite Card:
When you spend certain # anywhere with your Axis bank vistara Infinite credit card, you’re given with milestone benefits as below.
- Spend Rs.1,00,000 – 10,000 CV Points
- Spend Rs.2,50,000 – 1 Business Class ticket
- Spend Rs.5,00,000 – 1 Business Class ticket
- Spend Rs.7,50,000 – 1 Business Class ticket
- Also earn: 6 CV Points for every Rs.200 spent
Note that you need to pay extra Rs.1,000 or so as “taxes” to redeem these complimentary tickets. Apart from welcome bonus, on spending about 7.5L, you’ll end up with
- 3 Business class tickets + 32,500 CV Points
- CV points can be redeemed for tickets
- Tip: Use CV points for Upgrades for better value
Now, what’s the value of it? For this, i took route BLR->DEL and here are the values
- Approx cost of 3 Revenue tickets: ~Rs.60,000
- Approx cost of 3 redemption’s (taxes): ~Rs.3,000
- Savings: ~Rs.57,000 (or less)
In other words, you get a super cool ~7.5% value back, as you spend 7.5L to save Rs.57,000. A great return as you can see. Oh, but, do you travel in Business class usually? If not, the way you see this should be different.
An interesting part is, Air Vistara’s Business class ticket costs are not proportional to distance. BOM->DEL is costlier than BLR->DEL hence, the rates are based on the demand. Looks like there are lots of celebrities in Mumbai flying business class 😀
Features of Axis Vistara Infinite Card:
- CardExpert Rating: 4/5
- Reward rate: Upto 7.5% as complimentary tickets
- Complementary Airport lounge access: 4 Visits/quarter via Visa Lounge Access Program & also via Club Vistara Gold Membership
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Yes
- Foreign Exchange Markup fee: 3.5% + Service Tax
- Renewal Fee Waiver: Nil
- Special Features: Club Vistara Gold Membership & Travel Insurance Protection, Complimentary golf access
While it delivers a better value than Vistara Platinum & Signature Cards, its important to ask yourself, will you spend 7.5L + Joining fees+taxes just for 4 flight tickets which hardly takes 2~3 hrs each? The perception varies from person to person.
However, if you’re a person who spend on new “experiences”, you might consider holding one. Like, if you want to access the business class lounges like GVK lounge in Mumbai, which the Priority Pass/Mastercard/Visa cards donot have access to, this Complementary business class ticket can get you one.
Also, if you’re an existing Business Class flyer of Air Vistara who can spend 7.5 Lakhs a year “easily”, its no brainer to pick this card to save some costs. To me, while “business class” tickets are eye catchy, i feel the value proposition is less as they didn’t mind to even add “few” complimentary Priority pass visits along with it. Well, on other side, its a common sense as to why a domestic carrier would provide international lounge benefits 😛
What’s your take on Axis Bank Vistara infinite Credit Card? Share your thoughts in comments below.